With people's pursuit of the quality of outdoor leisure life, outdoor wood products, outdoor furniture, and forest architectural sketches are becoming more and more abundant. Outdoor furniture is an important element that coordinates people and the city, and people and the natural environment in the outdoor public space. It can improve the quality of outdoor activities and provide people with a place for leisure and rest.
The outdoor environment is changeable, which makes outdoor furniture exposed to the outdoors for a long time to face rain, sunlight, insect pests, etc. Ordinary wood cannot resist these long-term natural erosion. In order to improve the quality and durability of outdoor furniture, it is more suitable for the outdoor environment. , which has prompted experts to carry out a large number of new outdoor wood research . It mainly includes composite wood-plastic materials, anticorrosive wood treated with chemical agents, carbonized wood treated with high temperature, etc. These new types of outdoor furniture wood can effectively extend its service life and make it more suitable for outdoor space environments.
Wood requirements for outdoor furniture
In order to make outdoor furniture better adapt to the outdoor environment and allow people to enjoy leisure and comfortable activities in the outdoor environment, the wood of outdoor furniture usually has the following requirements:
1. Long service life and high durability
Compared with indoor furniture, the most prominent feature of outdoor furniture is that it should have good durability in the outdoor environment, resist rain erosion and sunlight exposure, and prevent the furniture from cracking and deformation under long-term erosion by the harsh outdoor environment. This is the most basic and critical requirement for outdoor furniture. Good quality can only be achieved under the premise of ensuring its durability.
2. Stable reinforcement method
Since outdoor furniture is generally placed in public spaces for people to entertain and relax, it is not furniture that often needs to be moved, so the furniture fixing structure needs special consideration. It is necessary to prevent the furniture from tilting or collapsing, and to ensure that the connecting parts are exposed to the sun and It will not be easily damaged after raining.
3. Regular maintenance and repair
Outdoor furniture also needs regular maintenance and repairs. In addition to cleaning dust, care should be taken to avoid sun exposure in summer and rain erosion during the rainy season. If it is not used for a long time, it is best to cover the protective cover on the furniture.
outdoor furniture wood
Solid wood outdoor furniture is usually made of wood that is not easy to crack, deform, discolor and moth-eaten in outdoor environments. Such as teak, Fraxinus mandshurica, etc. These woods are tough, have a rough structure, and are easy to process. However, solid wood resources are limited after all. In order to make outdoor furniture wood have good performance and alleviate the contradiction between supply and demand of wood resources, outdoor wood products have been developed.
1. Wood-plastic composite materials (wood-plastic, ecological wood)
Wood-plastic composite materials are made of wood fiber or plant fiber as the main material, mixed with polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride and other polymer compounds, adding coupling agents and additives, and compounded through a series of processes. This material has high hardness, high strength, degradability, excellent waterproof and moisture-proof performance, and can effectively prevent mildew and insects. It is an excellent outdoor furniture material.
1) Environmentally friendly and formaldehyde-free, maintenance-free. We all know that the most worrying thing about outdoor furniture is rain. Plastic-wood tables and chairs have the characteristics of "plastic". They are not afraid of water at all. If they are usually dirty, they can be flushed with the faucet and do not need maintenance at all. Simply put, it is not afraid of the sun and rain, corrosion resistance, rust prevention, sun protection, and rain protection.
2) Solid wood texture, beautiful and high-grade. The plastic is mentioned above, and the "wood" should be mentioned below. This wood means that it has the same texture as solid wood. For ordinary people, it is completely impossible to distinguish whether it is solid wood or plastic wood. You will forget that it is a plastic wood table and chair, high-end light luxury placed on the courtyard balcony is pleasing to the eye and face.
3) The structure is stable and durable. Plastic wood is a very stable form. It is conservatively said that it will not be cracked, deformed or damaged for 20 years. If it is properly maintained, it can even be used for 30 to 40 years. It is a very stable outdoor furniture material. Outdoor plastic-wood furniture is a combination of solid wood and plastic. It not only maintains the affinity of solid wood furniture, but also has good moisture-proof, water-resistant, acid-alkali, anti-fungal, anti-static, anti-moth and other properties.
2. Carbonized wood
Carbonized wood is wood obtained after heat treatment at 160 ° C ~ 250 ° C in inert gas, water vapor or oil and other media. This high-temperature-treated wood can form a stable intertwined structure, which greatly improves the stability, and the volatilization of the extract reduces the food for decaying fungi, improving the performance of anti-corrosion and anti-bacteria. Compared with the chemically modified preservative wood mentioned above, this modification method does not use chemicals and is a more environmentally friendly modification method.
1) Green and environmentally friendly carbonized wood is a very environmentally friendly material, because during the process of thermal decomposition of wood, it only contacts water vapor and does not contact any chemical components, thus achieving absolute environmental protection. Therefore, carbonized wood must be a kind of Pure natural green friendly material. Since the carbonized wood is at an ultra-high temperature of 160°C to 250°C per unit time, it has some functions of carbon elements - filtering the surrounding air, improving the quality of breathing, and eliminating odors. That is to say, the real carbonized wood is "only suck but not put". And after use, it can also be recycled unconditionally.
2) High stability The carbonized wood with guaranteed quality has super stability. Because the wet line of wood moves downward under the condition of high temperature (that is to say, the wood can reach the state of not absorbing and evaporating other components in the state of low water content - also known as hygroscopicity balance) , carbonized wood will basically not change due to changes in external humidity, and the geometric size of carbonized wood is also very stable, which greatly improves the stability of wood.
3) Anti-pest and long service life quality assurance Under extremely high temperature conditions, harmful organisms and fungi in wood will be completely removed, and under high temperature conditions, nutrients in wood will also be decomposed and recombined to form The removal of inorganic substances that cannot provide nutrients for life makes the wood anti-corrosion, and the service life of carbonized wood is also more durable. If used correctly, the service life of carbonized wood can reach 15 years.
3. Preservative wood
Anti-corrosion wood is to add chemical preservatives to ordinary wood, so as to achieve anti-corrosion, moisture-proof, fungus-proof, waterproof, insect-proof and other effects. There are generally two treatment methods for preservative wood, namely, high-pressure impregnation tank treatment and non-pressure impregnation tank treatment. Among them, the high-pressure impregnation method is the most commonly used method. This method is to add preservatives to the wood after drying, curing, and polishing and react under vacuum conditions, so that the preservatives can enter the wood cells and be permanently fixed to achieve anti-corrosion and insect-proof effects. Effect.
1) Anti-corrosion, mildew-proof, moth-proof, and termite-proof. It can adapt to harsh outdoor environments, prevent and reduce rot, resist termites and other pests and anti-fungal organisms.
2) To improve the stability of wood, the protection of outdoor wooden structures is more important. It has the advantages of high density, high strength, good nail holding power, etc., with clear texture and very good decorative effect.
3) It is easy to paint and color, and can achieve beautiful effects according to design requirements. It can meet various design requirements and is easy to produce various gardening landscape boutiques.
4) The effect of contacting wet soil or hydrophilicity is particularly significant, which can prevent the parasitism of aquatic parasites.